Sunday, January 24, 2010

Amber & Starring Surprise Guests

This is my week for stars surprising me by guesting on my regularly scheduled programs.

First, there was my suave sweetheart Robert Wagner on NCIS, proving that fate doesn't punish you for killing Natalie Wood by taking away your hair.

Then, there was my BFF Scramble2 For Free by Zynga on 30 Rock.

And, tonight, I discovered my Empire Records and (much underrated Dick Wolf revamp of) Dragnet fave, Ethan Embry, on my much beloved House.


Despite the fifteen years that have passed since Empire Records, Ethan is still adorable, even when playing a culottes salesman.  But he seems to have less and less hair as time goes by in a hair cut kind of way.
Maybe there's some inverse relationship between notoriety and plushness of hair?  Maybe hair can get in the way of being taken seriously as an actor?  Maybe as he ages his hair just doesn't grow as long?

I sure don't take Robert Wagner very seriously with all that lushness on his head, but if Ethan's hair continues to shrink, I'll be scared when he makes his 80-year-old appearance on whatever procedural detective show I am having downloaded into my brain 2058.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Ethan was also adorable in That Thing You Do, as The Bass Player. I suppose you have to be adorable if your character doesn't even get a real name.

Jimmi said...

Was Embry playing a drug dealer on House who was secretly...something else?

I walked in when Alisa was watching House and I thought it was him!

ALH said...

Shhhh, Jimmi! No spoilers, but YES. He was.

I think he's really good.

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you that I love Empire Records and used to watch it at least once a week?

ALH said...

You did not, Emma! It was, for a while, available as a Watch Instantly on Netflix. I saw it four times in the same week. I love that movie so, so, so much. For no good reason.