Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Amber & The Tragedy of Winter

I like winter.  At least when it's cold I can bundle up; there's not much you can do during the hottest days of summer and not get arrested, really.  And I like puff coats, and boots, and wool socks, and hand-knit scarves.  It's a good fashion season for me, maybe because it's so covering.

Plus, if you live in New York, as I do, there's not much use in wasting energy hating the seasons.  They come.  And, they go.  Sunrise, sunset.

But, it sure is hard on my hair.

It's mostly a bummer because my hair is just starting to get flippy again, and I know CRD will never get to see it as long as the weather necessitates wearing a hat.  CRD loves flippy almost as much as he loves girl detectives.


Did you ever notice how unsymmetrical my eyes are?  I sure just did.

4 comments:

CRD said...

You need to turn off the Asymmetry Feature in Photobooth. That's odd.

Emma said...

Maybe you just need to learn to put a hat on in a way conducive to happy hair?

ALH said...

Do they offer lessons in hat? I have no idea how to wear a hat and not look like bedhead.

Emma said...

I veeerrrry carefully put my hat on, using a whole hand on either side of the hat to hold the hole open as largely as possible, starting with the front so my bangs lay correctly (and also so that I make sure they are visible, preventing the cancer patient look) and then sliding it down over the rest of my head, looking out for lumps.

I did not learn this is school. It's more of a street smarts thing, I think.