Friday, January 29, 2010

Amber & Wish Fulfillment

My water was shut off when I woke up today.  The management folks said that there was "work" being done but couldn't really tell me when it would be back on.

So, I have spent all day just hoping to be able to shower, fill the kettle for tea, and change the kitty water dishes.  And lo!  Almost seven hours later, my wish has come true-- sort of.  The water is back on, but it's not what one would call potable.

Would someone please explain to Woody that sink hands are not a good idea right now?

4 comments:

Alison said...

What are all those items in your tub?

ALH said...

There's a scrub brush I got out, anticipating the brown water. And there is an empty container and lid from hair conditioner from yesterday morning. I forgot to take it out for recycling. And on the edge of the tub, there's a Woody.

Alison said...

Ah! I clicked on it to see it in Big Size. In Small Size, I thought the scrub brush was a toy boat.

Anonymous said...

Toy boat, toy boat, toy boat.

Also - I love proper usage and pronunciation of the word potable.