Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Amber & Snow Days

I have decided to take a Snow Day today, not because there is too much snow to make the trek into the Bronx...


...but because I could barely sleep all last night. Plus, I am about to lose a week's worth of comp time, so what's 7 hours?

Apparently, when your body feels like there is something caught in your throat-- something on fire maybe-- it keeps waking you up. No matter how many times I told my body You're not choking, it's just a hole in your food tube I kept waking up.

This really confused the kitties who thought it was time to be fed at midnight, 2 A.M. and then about every hour thereafter.

I'm also very very hungry, but eating hurts. So, for breakfast I will have some slippery elm bark tea. Stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My poor little Amber. Good grief. No good! It sounds awful and I'm glad, very glad, you took a snow day.