Sunday, February 8, 2009

Amber & the Bobby Soxer

To gear up for my Fabulous Shirley Cinematic Monday, I watched The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer on Netflix's online Movie Viewer. In addition to an Oscar-winning screenplay by Sidney Sheldon, it has an amazing cast: Myrna Loy, Cary Grant (I luf him) and a teenage Shirley Temple!

Ms. Loy plays a lady judge-- a 1947 version of Judge Judy, only more screwball. Shirley is her younger sister who develops an age-inappropriate crush on the title-named bachelor and lady-magnet, Cary Grant. Mayhem ensues! And I won't spoil things by telling you who winds up with whom but there's a girl-on-girl bar-fight, a town picnic, snappy screwball banter and plenty of pouty Shirley.

Luckily I found this on YouTube, lest I should think I had dreamed it up.

No comments: