Monday, February 23, 2009

Amber & Rediscovered Selves

James is an excellent photographer, so it was not surprising that I found so many of his photos squirreled away on the eMac while I was cleaning it out. What was surprising is how many iChat screen clips James has taken-- and I have saved.

There's this one, for example. I have had those jammies (and Tiggy) for at least ten years, so they're not terribly helpful at dating the shot. The glasses look reddish which would mean they were pre-fall 2006 when I got the same shape but in black. James is in the apartment he has now in all these shots-- you can see his reclining chair behind him.


The apartment kind of looks like it might be in Madison, but I'd have to be sitting on the coffee table since I had a computer cart and the background was a fire place like in this shot.

When was my hair that blonde in Madison? I know I bought those cat ears with CRD on a trip to Target. For some reason, I am wearing my old blue rectangle frames there. I never really liked those, but the lady pressured me.

That one is a classic. I am living on Avenue B-- you can see the brick fire place behind me. And the papasan is that green thing just over my shoulder stage right. Over my left is the drying rack, with my purple sheets and the weird star and flower patterned futon cover. My guess is this is early 2004.

There are, of course, many more where I am wearing face masks, or have a towel on my head. I'm never very glamorous in these shots, but they sure are fascinating bits of history. Thank you, James!