Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amber & Drug-Induced Esophagitis

Sometimes, the ridiculousness of my health astounds me. On Saturday, I hurt my hip while doing my Anada yoga. Energy and joy flooded my body cells, and joy sure as heck descended to me. I woke up yesterday and could barely walk for the shocking pain, but over the course of the day it got much better thanks to All Day Strong Aleve.

Then, last night, I had an Old Devil Moon tribute meal with Kevin and Diana (chicken-fried tofu, collards and sweet potatoes), and then a night cap with K&D and Art-o at the Ironically-Named Bar.

When I got home, I was a little sore again in the hip and decided to take another Aleve since the first dose had been so successful. I got a glass of water, took my usual host of nightime drugs, drinking most of the water to wash it down, and then popped the Aleve and finished off the water. I then immediately went to bed.

I woke up at 3 am in excruciating pain. Apparently, there hadn't been enough water left to wash down the Aleve and they had dissolved in my esophagus, causing a large ulceration in the lining of my "food tube." Owwwwwwwwwwwwch. There is apparently nothing to be done for this except eating orange vegetables, avoiding dairy, alcohol and cold or acidic foods.



I wonder what Anada affirmation stimulates healing of your stupid bone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOuch! That sounds horrible! (Is the xray of your throat or your hip?). Along with orange veggies, I order a spa day to be taken this weekend or next. Let's follow up by phone and start the healing!

Anonymous said...

This is sad, bad news.

Unknown said...

This would have never happened if you still went to that lady doctor who told you to drink 20 glasses of water a day.