Monday, February 2, 2009

Amber & History

Kevin sent along this photo which he took on February 2, 2008.

Diana and I are standing in what is now my bedroom, discussing the merits of the apartment. That bald fellow is Casey, the broker, walking back through what is now the kitten runway into what is now my living room.
A few things that are different now than then might include:
1) I now live in N.Y.C., not D.C.
2) The floors in the apartment are now covered in cat fur, not plaster dust.
3) Instead of being about to take a job at the Garden of Botanical Delights, I am about to leave one.
4) The purple scarf I am wearing got peed on and then thrown away.
5) Diana's hair is much longer and very nicely styled.
A few things that are the same:
1) That blue coat still desperately needs to be dry cleaned.
2) Diana still hyper-extends her knees, ostrich-style.
3) I still rely on my friends for fellowship and support and I continue to love them super much.
4) 1.75 of those bedroom walls are still white.
5) There is still just that one electrical outlet in the bedroom.
Sunrise, sunset. And then: sunrise again.

2 comments:

CRD said...

This post entertained me on my way to Canada.

ALH said...

It doesn't seem like you've gotten very far.