Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amber & Pepper Poppers

One of the major highlights of River House for me is the availability of Pepper Poppers from Fretta's.


I know that doesn't look terribly appetizing, but it is a slightly spicy marinated pepper, stuffed with prosciutto and provolone cheese.  I am not a spicy-eater, but the spicy from the pepper so perfectly balances with the cheese and oily marinade that these are my absolute favorite thing.

In fact, you will note there are no Pepper Poppers on today's Tray.  That is because I ate the rest of them as my mid-morning snack.  I couldn't wait the extra hour.

3 comments:

Alison said...

The toes poking out below make it much more or less appetizing, depending on how one feels about toes.

Emma said...

Even with the toes I want to eat this pepper popper.

ALH said...

I apologize for the foot. Normally, with pepper poppers, there is not so much foot.