Monday, August 18, 2008

Amber & A Feast for an Invalid

This past weekend, my friends came out in force to help encourage me through my recovery. I am still pretty exhausted which is my body's way of reminding me that I may be better but I am not quite well yet.

On Saturday, CRD came over and we watched Love At First Bite, which remains one of my favorite movies of all times.



Then, on Sunday, Kevin and Diana came uptown and made me ratatouille. The brought nice eggplant and tomatoes from their farm share and served it up on linguine. It was delicious. And then, Diana whipped up a loaf of ginger bread mysteriously using random ingredients I had around the kitchen. I had no idea I had a dessert hidden in there!

You have no idea how hard it was to find a picture of ratatouille. I kept getting images of this little guy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better little amb. Miss you and love you and gingerbread sounds just the thing.

xo,
A

CRD said...

What kind of treat could Diana make from my cabinet items?

That movie rocked.

ALH said...

Dude, I'm telling you. She took random stuff in my cabinet-- flour, those candied ginger things, an egg and maybe some butter and somehow made a loaf. I don't read those Harry Potter books, but I imagine that's what it is like. It is also just like WEIRD SCIENCE which I watched at 3 a.m. last night when i could not sleep. Except instead of a woman, she made a loaf.

Anonymous said...

That was a very enjoyable mission of mercy.

CRD said...

Remember how sick you used to be? Our friendship barely survived.

ALH said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I am healthy.