Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Amber & Oldies but Goodies



The foundation of my sense of humor is remembering events that were funny in the Past. If something is funny once, you can be sure I am going to make references to it again (and again and again). There are a bevvy of Jokes of Ye Olde Times that are referenced on an ongoing basis. They are my Modern Classics of Humor.

Some of these are activities, like the Bad Touch game or Boogie Shoulders.

Some are images which have a long history, like this one of CRD riding his bicycle, unclothed style.



There are even phrases which have accumulated so many jolly memories over the years, that they themselves are metonyms for the larger joke. A few of these phrases include "designer shirt" (be careful, that link makes noise), "I'm just resting my eyes," "chaka" (alternately, "bah bah bah"), and "clam fritters!"

Every day, I add new funnies to my Master List. At this rate, by the time I am 60, all I will do is laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRD painted himself like the MobileMe icon. He is Apple crazy.