Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Amber & Kinkajous? No, kinkamoi.

Kevin asked, with seeming urgency, in the comments below...

What is that Tiggy!?

At first, I was confused because everybody knows that Tiggy is a magnificent animal: a cat. But, I figured out that what Kevin was asking is...

What animal does Tiggy resemble in this week's Tiggy of the Wink?

The answer, dear readers, is a kinkajou. This little guy is an arboreal rainforest mammal, and is also known as the "honey bear," which happens to be my nickname for my sister and Woody. And of course, Pooh. The Bronx Zoo has one of these little buddies. I wonder if he works in the Membership ofice with my friend Gale.

You can get kinkajou wallpaper here at National Geographic, or you can read about a real old Hawaiian kinkajou here. I don't advise getting one as a pet, not because I don't think you'd be a loving kinkamomma, but because they're not really domesticated animals and won't really be happy-- even if you buy them a carpet tree, it won't compare to a real one. And, as Paris Hilton will tell you, they bite.

They sure are cutie, though.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the market for kinajou books.

ALH said...

Well, you are in luck (even if you left out a K in the beast's name). This is my personal fave:

http://www.amazon.com/Peeper-Kinkajou-Peter-Parente/dp/097450520X

https://www.alibris.com/search/books/subject/Kinkajou

Anonymous said...

What is the answer to the James photo mystery please?