Monday, January 19, 2009

Amber & Photographic Mysteries

Two mysterious photos have presented themselves this evening.

The first was found in my recent phone synching. Last night's phone chaos began when Diana wanted to do something fun. Kevin, she and I went to see Milk at a theater on 42nd Street. I left CRD a message, inviting him along, and then sent him 14 text messages just to be sure he knew I was trying to reach him.

Anyhow, when I got to the theater, I discovered that I couldn't sign on to my phone. I kept getting the PIN screen, and the buttons clicked, but it never let me in to the phone to answer incoming calls-- except magically once I put on the earbuds I could answer using that squeezy thing on the cord.

After the film, which was beautiful and moving and so incredibly well method-acted, Kevin fiddled around and eventually fixed my phone. However, when I went to synch this morning, I discovered that the phone had somehow photographed itself in the midst of not allowing me to use it. Caught in the act, phone!


The second mysterious photo was taken by James.


I'm tempted not to explain what's happening here and make you guess. In fact, why don't you guess in the comments and then we'll let Jimmy tell us tomorrow if you're right?

Who was it that urged us to think critically about images that promise to contain dangerous knowledge, and perhaps truth? Oh, right. Art Simon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Greek Orthodox priest was a passenger on that plane that landed in the Hudson, and that Navy SEAL guy just rescued him from the wing.

CRD said...

I think James is Method Acting that he is Santa Claus. However, he is failing at it, like Shelley Winters on the Lucy Show.