Saturday, January 17, 2009

Amber & Shortcomings

The Great Paint Endeavor of 2009 has begun!

I picked a pretty blue-gray, "beacon gray," for all four bedroom walls.



The color matches Woody's eyes perfectly.

Dreamy.

I bought this decal set in white for the wall across from the bed.


Only, I'm undecided if I can put other things on the wall with those decals, namely the photos of friends from Jimmy that used to be there. Opinions welcome in comments below.

Only one wall in the living room is getting painted, and it is the unfortunately named pinkish brown, "burlap."
It matches the color of the tips of Woody's ears.


Right now, with nothing on it, it reminds me of the color crayon I used to use for my skin color when I was little. Or a ballet slipper. But soon it will have stuff on it and be less fleshy.

So, things seem to be going well. Turns out you can wash paint off with water these days! I remember paint thinner from my youth. Progress!

A special thanks to CRD for coming up this afternoon to help me with the tops of the walls. Even with my step ladder, I just couldn't reach. I get by with a little help from my tall friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should put decals up, toss the old photos -- I can print up all new updated photos with better printing service and you can relocate them anywhere in apt!

Anonymous said...

It looks real good, but I can't comment on the decal/other stuff question until I see it in person.