Friday, January 30, 2009

Amber & Customer Service Letter #412

Dear Starbucks,

I have long been a fan of your product, hotdrinks. I generally have a cup of coffee every morning, and several cups of tea throughout the day. Eeven when my hotdrink is not from your establishment, I say a little thanks to you for making coffee taste better in America. Those new breakfast sandwiches that you cook by nuclear radiation are so super yummy, and your new product, London Fog Tazo Tea Latte is my new favorite drink ever, even though I always request only one vanilla instead of the three that come in a venti. (Too much vanilla in my tea turns it into dessert.)

However recently, you invented a little green plastic thing to prevent hotdrinks from spilling out the top of your weird puffy lids. People seem to call these "splash sticks." On the one hand, this is genius. It meshes perfectly with your brand identity and overflowing foam is a problem I have dealt with on the front of my shirt many times. But seriously, wouldn't it better to do away with the puffy lid in favor of one of those coffee shop ones with the tab you can pull up or down? You know which ones I mean? Do we need yet another accessory for our morning cup of hotdrink? We already have the sleeves which you foist upon us even if we bring our own. Now little green stick things are going to show up on the floors of subway cars everywhere. Is that the kind of brand exposure you want?

Therefore, I think it is only fair to ask you to put ONE MILLION DOLLARS on my Starbucks Card in payment for this good advice. I am sure you will agree that this is only fair and will guarantee my loyal fandom for years and years to come.
Sincerely,
ALH

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a Tim Horton's travel mug for Stella in Toronto. It has one of those splash sticks in it. I think Starbucks stole the idea.