Thursday, September 11, 2008

Amber & Historic New York

I had an adventure upstate yesterday. I, along with 28 of my closest garden fans, took a bus to two historic and lovely sites, both of which included gardens.

Up first was the Hammond Museum and Japanese Stroll Garden. The garden was lovely and calming.

Then, we went to the John Jay Homestead which was super fun and I think Kevin would enjoy.

There was alot of colonial history and interior design and then a really beautiful grounds also full of history. There's even a house that was bought out of a Montgomery Ward catalog on site!

The weather was lovely, too.

5 comments:

CRD said...

You love old people.

ALH said...

I can think of 79,000 things I love about old people that urge me from expressing anything other than positive emotions about them.

Anonymous said...

You give Tiggy Milanos?

ALH said...

Does it look like I *gave* her the Milanos? Or does it, from her pounce on top of the Milano and covert licking, look like perhaps she is licking the Milano while I am getting my milk to accompany it?

CRD said...

I didn't know we were allowed to comment about the Tiggy pictures in this comment spot! Tiggy is a GOOF.