Sunday, September 21, 2008

Amber & How I Make Coffee

As previously blogged, I now make my own morning coffee. After I have bathed, I product up (face, body and hair), and half-dress (leaving off any components of my outfit which might get foody or furry). Then, I put on the cat kettle. While I am waiting for the water to boil, I put the coffee in the French Press.
Then, I put the toast in the toaster and feed the cats. (I feed them cat food, not toast, but I did not want to photodocument how gross lamb wet food is.)


Once the water boils, I add the water to the press and let the coffee brew, while I enjamb
my toast.
Then, I pour myself a mug (and add milk) and also pour one into my travel mug. I have two French Presses, one for a single cup and one for two. I use the two cup on days when I am working on-site so I have something to sip during my morning booth duty.


I add a doctor-deterring apple, and then head out to the couch to dine, and if I am lucky, have a little lap time with my favorite boy cat.I like to think it's about proximity to me and not to the toast crumbs.

And that's how I make coffee in the morning! Any questions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thorough. No questions from here.

CRD said...

This is an excellent and very informative post. And your shopping list is Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am fully satisfied by this step-by-step experience. My only question is of what kind of coffee are you most fond? Thank you in advance for your informed response.

ALH said...

I am most fond of the kind of coffee that CRD bought. (I went with him and he picked out a kind and then ground it COARSE for my press.) And, then, when I replace the coffee from CRD, I buy the one at Whole Foods that is on sale. I am fond of ON SALE flavor. (Honestly, I don't know that I have a refined coffee palette.)