Sunday, September 7, 2008

Amber & Quilting, Step 1

Yesterday was a big day. First, I had brunch with Kevin and Diana, then I got my hair-did with Jacqueline (just a trim since I am on the road to perm, but much darker color for fall), then Diana and I braved Hanna to journey to City Quilter. There, Diana helped me pick out the fabric for my very-first-ever quilt.

Here, Amy is examining it. She liked the combination of pinks and greens with the more subtle gray and biege and thinks it will go nicely in the room.

I am going to use this Brick Path pattern from the Amy Butler website, only I am doing the slightly less busy variation using only six fabrics instead of twelve.


Here is Woody demonstrating what he will do once the quilt is made: lay on it and groom his belly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these fabrics and it's heck of cool that you're making a quilt. Perhaps the Woody belly lick image can be incorporated into your tag?

ALH said...

Tags! I nearly forgot the importance of getting one's own personalized tags!

Anonymous said...

I figure if you're going through all the trouble...

Really excited to see you soon Amberpants.